Laundry day is practically every day in our home and the kicker is that it’s mostly the girls things that need washing. How do two tiny little humans go through so many clothes in a week? At first, I was trying to do everyone’s laundry on Sunday. I was spending hours folding laundry and missing out on family time, I decided I needed to put a better system in place for getting the dreaded laundry done. Here are my 7 tips that have helped me:
- Don’t try to do laundry all in one day, break it up throughout the week. I do everyone’s bedding on Sundays, the girl’s laundry on Mondays, the boy’s laundry on Tuesdays, and Wednesdays I do towels.
- Only wash laundry that you know you’ll have time to put away. This one has helped me a lot! If I can’t get through all the girls clothes that need to be washed, I will wash and fold the amount I know I’ll have time to fold and put away. This way I don’t feel disappointed that I didn’t get it all done and I haven’t thrown clean clothes on top of each other to start piling up again.
- Get your family involved. Obviously the girls are too little to help out ( I only have Ella in the pictures because she is so darn cute. 😉 ) my husband and son are perfectly capable of putting away their own laundry, so even if I clean and sort it for them, they put it away.
- Lose the sock. If I’ve done the laundry and I can’t find the pair to a sock, goodbye sock. Typically, the other half never shows up anyway. Where in the world do they go? Does anyone know? Lol! I’ve also recently started buying all the same coloured socks. This helps too!
- Ask for help. When Mia was born our bedroom quickly turned in to a disaster zone and clothes were everywhere. Don’t be afraid to ask a family member or friend for help with folding or if you feel up to it yourself, ask them to play with the kids and do it yourself. Most people will be happy to help and enjoy a little cuddle time with the new baby.
- In our home, we consciously make an effort to purchase non-toxic, all natural products that are safe for our family. When buying laundry detergent, it’s no different and that’s why we love The Honest Company Laundry Detergent
- The Honest Company Laundry Detergent is hypoallergenic, biodegradable, PH Balanced, perfect for babies and the entire family. It removes stubborn stains without discoloring our clothing and it doesn’t leave any chemical residue behind. The Honest Company also makes these awesome dryer cloths that can be used more than once, that are hypoallergenic and are made from plant-derived ingredients making them vegan friendly.
I hope some of these tips make your laundry days a little easier, and if all else fails, you can hire someone to put it away for you. It can be our little secret. 😉