My kids enjoy when I take photos and videos of them and it’s a good thing because I do it so often for my social media. Things get a bit different when someone they don’t know is doing the photography. Often, they are pretty hesitant to be their happy selves and shy away from the camera as much as possible. Overtime, I’ve found certain things help to get the kids in their best moods before the shoot. Here’s my list of tips to have YOUR family camera ready.
- Do not schedule the shoot during or close to nap time. No one is going to be happy no matter how hard you try if they are sleepy.
- Feed and change your little ones before the shoot.
- Bring along something for the kids to drink and snack on.
- Bring extra diapers/pull-ups and a change of clothes. Accidents happen.
- Pack bubbles!! My kids loves bubbles and it seems to be one thing I can always count on to help bring them out of their shells. I always get some smiles and giggles out of them too.
- Have their favorite songs on YouTube handy! Play their favorite video on your phone or iPad and sing to them while the photographer takes some single shots.
- Let the kids play games. Let them play tag, duck duck goose, or just let them run around! Whatever gets them to smile.
- Arrive early if the photo shoot site is unfamiliar. This will help them get comfortable with their surroundings and it will make for better photos.
- If possible, have the shoot outdoors. Most kids love the beach, the forest, and trails! Let the photographer capture their excitement as they explore. In my opinion, lifestyle photos are the best! 🙂
- And last but not least, don’t stress! Book a short amount of time with your photographer, have fun with it, take as many shots as you can and move on with your day. You can only expect so much when they are so little, and you want this to be a fun experience so that they will do it again. 😉
Hope this helps and good luck with your photo shoots! X0x
Flowers by Springhill Flowers
Girls dresses by Olivia Rose
Bridal Skirt by Enzoani
Mia wasn’t really feeling the photoshoot today, but Ella on the other hand was hamming it up and running the show. 🙂 We always love working with brands that we love and Jill Yoga is one of the ones that we love the most. 🙂
Here are a few of the many reasons why…
- Jill Yoga is a Canadian Company
- I get to match my minis 🙂
- Great quality pieces that last! Mia wears all of Ella’s hand me downs and they looks brand new.
- When I’m not in a dress, you’ll find me in Jill Yoga because its stylish and I don’t feel like I’m dressing down.
- Most importantly all their items are incredibly comfortable and affordable.
Jill Yoga has a range of infant wear, toddler wear, teen wear and adult wear. The fit is true to size, and it will last you forever. If you’re interested in checking out this line they have launched some new styles! A couple of my favourites being the sweater dresses ( of course 😉 ) adult size found here and toddler size here. I also love the grey joggers you will find here. These joggers are my favourite to lounge in and they make your butt look good! Mom-win! 🙂
Check out their new styles by visiting www.jillyoga.com
Photography by www.hutchingsandco.ca
So many beautiful comments on Owens Birthday post on Instagram and many DMs on the party decor from Perfect Party Box so I thought I’d show off a few more of their party packages. I was so pleased with our Perfect Party Box, I actually wrote them after I was done setting it up to thank them for making my life a bit easier. We had more than enough party decor that I’m bringing it with us to his second Birthday celebration tonight. He has invited some of his friends to join us at an arcade and I know they will love it too!
I was browsing through their party boxes and they offer decor for all sorts of occasions in addition they offer tea party boxes for kids!! My eyes lit up when I saw it! 🙂 I will be sure to order this for my little ones. How fun would that be for a birthday party or having fun inside on a rainy day??! 🙂
If you’d like to try one of these party boxes and receive a 15% discount visit www.perfectparty.shop and use code: mostlyamother15
This code is valid from now until December 31st! 🙂 Happy Friday!
Owen, to know you is to love you.
You are funny, sarcastic at times, you surprise me with how understanding and compassionate you are at such an early age. Your heart is bigger than your head and you have kind eyes like your great grandpa. You have always been easy and have always made me look good.
You don’t need me as much as you used to and it makes me a little sad but what I do love is when you still want me to tuck you in at night. After I do, you stop me before I close your bedroom door, a good 5 times to ask me questions. Is it too much to ask for you to do this a while longer? I sure will miss it.
You have my heart my sweet boy.
Wishing you all the happiness on your 9th Birthday!
Mommy, Daddy, Ella and Mia. xx0x0x0x0