We’re just about to leave this morning and I’m dying to see the sun. If you can’t get away this winter to warmer weather, bring the warmth in to your home with Urban Barn’s NEW spring collection! I love all the soft and bright colours for spring and the girls loved to touch and feel all the textures. I think the beds were their favourite to test out. 😉
I love the quality of the fabrics, the coziness of their blankets and the accent pieces they have in store help tie everything together. Its kind of fun to change up decor for different seasons, for me its a fresh start.
For new arrivals click here.
The girls and I went home with some really great pieces for my master. Want a little hint? Lots of soft colours, and one particular colour that makes me think of my baby girls. Can’t wait to share our spring makeover with you once we’re home.
Have a great week everyone and happy shopping!! 🙂
We’ve been passing colds around all winter long that a much needed week in the sunshine is just what the doctor ordered. I wanted Owen to come with us but he wanted to stay home with Rick and Sean. What a responsible young fella to not want to miss a week of school… Or perhaps he just wanted some boy time to play videos games. 😉 Nonetheless, we will do something fun with him over march break. 🙂
The last time I took Owen and Ella to Florida to visit my Mom while she was vacationing, it was a disaster. Owen had a major allergic reaction and Ella came down with a really bad cold. It would never stop me from going again but I think it has me checking over my list of things to bring a few more times so I’m better prepared.
Below is what I’ve packed for our trip. Thought it might help some of you who are about to start travelling over the march break and also I wanted to share in case I have happened to miss something that you know is a MUST when travelling. Feel free to leave a comment below! 🙂
- Our cute swim suits from SWIMCO that you helped pick out! 🙂
- Hats and sandals. Summer clothes for during the day, warmer clothes with sleeves for night. A jacket for each.
- Body Splash wash & the loofah and soap bar by WAXON Bar London. I’ve bee using the wash and it smells amazingggg and I’ve been holding on to the loofah soap bar to exfoliate and cleanse while on vacation. I want to come back with the most radiant sun kissed skin! 🙂
- Sunscreen and Baby Be Mine Natural Coconut bath. What I love about Baby Be Mine is that it keeps our skin extra moisturized and it also contains a natural amount of sunscreen. Of course, our skin needs more that the amount in coconut oil so I always bring sunscreen for myself and the kiddos. Aveeno is my favourite brand you can buy pretty much anywhere. THINK baby is another brand I have to pick up still, I purchased it the last time at Cheeky Monkey.
- My diaper bag that will hold everything by ooobaby. I love that its sleek and stylish, doesn’t necessarily look like a diaper bag but holds everything I needs from snacks, to a change pad to their iPad… Literally, everything.
- Snacks! KIND snacks for Ella and I. Its nice to have a healthy option on hand while you’re waiting to board the plane.
- Clean bottles and to-go containers of formula. I found ready to use ones from similac that fill up a full 6oz bottle which will be perfect for traveling.
- My camera, charger packs and extra memory cards.
- Phone charger
- Mia’s sleep buddy, bed sheets, sleep sac and sleep machine. Hopefully we can keep on track even while away.
- Bites & Stings by Orange Naturals. I came across this brand at The Bump to Baby Show and I love their line of products!
- Diapers, wipes & sanitizing wipes to wipe down trays and seats. I’m a total germaphobe.
- Our new 1st Class Kid Travel Pillow from Travel Tots. I can’t wait to give this a try on our flight, I’ve only heard the best things!
- Passports, travel documents
And last but not least, I’m packing a change of clothes for the girls in the diaper bag. I don’t know why but somehow it’s ONLY when we travel or have to be somewhere that someone has a accident or blows out of their diaper. It took a few times, but I’ve learned my lesson. lol
We have been so busy lately that all I want to do this Valentines Day is cook some delicious food, put on a movie and curl up with my hubby and kiddos. I will still dress up of course 😉 Little Ella loves dressing up and I love doing anything to make her happy. She’ll have me put on one of her fancy outfits and paint her toes. Ella’s definitely a girly girl! I don’t think my husband will mind if I dress up either, each dress he loved.
TOBI made picking out my “little red dress looks” very easy with the endless options they offer.
The first dress is fun and I’d wear it for a night out with friends or date night! 🙂 I would also wear it with a long black cardigan to dress it down. It’s surprisngly comfortable, I really love it! Shop this one here.
The second flowy dress is my favourite. I wore it to Toronto this week and it was a hit. The flowyness will let me eat as many Valentines Day treats as I want 😉 This dress will also walk you right in to the summer months, definitely one you can wear year round. Shop this one here.
The last lace dress is elegant and has a nude dress underlining. You can wear it for any special occasion and it’s my hubby’s favourite of the three. Shop this one here.
Whatever you get up to this Valentines Day, make sure you don’t forget to treat yourself too. Maybe treat yourself to a dress… or two.. or three… 😉
I wanted to do something special with Baby Be Mine Natural Coconut Bath gift sets for Valentine’s day and I found the perfect candles by AIJA Décor to add a touch of romance. The candles are handmade in London ON with the floral scent of rose to make this the perfect limited addition. I know whomever your gift sets are going to, they will absolutely feel loved!
I am so grateful for everyone who has supported me and given me the chance to follow a dream of mine. I’m proud of what I have done in a year and that my kids could see their mother (especially Owen) work hard and really go for it despite challenges.
Thinking back to the first time promoting Baby Be Mine Natural Coconut Bath was at The Modern Mom show and my son was so proud of me. He asked me after the show if he could buy a gift set from me. My response was that he didn’t need to spend his money on me. His response was that he knew he didn’t have to but that he wanted to. Just that is enough to make this all worth while. It also makes this momma want to cry because of his big heart.
Biggest thank you everyone!
To shop my Valentine’s Day Collection head to www.babybemine.ca
***Beautiful promotional photos for Baby Be Mine by the talented London Photographer Kendal Hunt.