Ella’s smile is really what makes this big girl room reveal so special. She was so excited when her princess bedding arrived from SNURK, she even gave the packaging a hug when it arrived. What a beautiful thing for our little girl to be able to go to bed as a princess every night. 🙂 She only ever wears dresses or skirts around the house and now I don’t have to fight her on it before bedtime 🙂
The first night sleeping on her new big girl bed, she never woke up once. In the morning, she woke up happy as can be and so well rested that she decided it was time to show us her newest dance routine. You may have seen it on Havens Instagram 😉 We are so happy with this mattress! I’m doing a separate blog on why we choose Haven Mattress Co. so keep an eye out for that next week.
Ella and I picked out her chandelier from RONA and I used some of the art work she had from her nursey. Her little nightstand is from IKEA and is holding all of her dress up jewelry, books and a colouring books.
I created a little reading corner with a floating shelf and Ella’s favourite pouf cushion from Wills & Prior. What I’ve told her is that before bed every night she can put two books for me to read to her on her shelf, whatever is out,we’ll read together.
She has two closest full of dresses just like her mama and I put out one of her favorites from Olivia Rose on display. I bet if she were to take over the world someday (and I’m sure she will), it may be wearing a tutu.
Ella, at almost 3yrs old is the same independent, determined little sweetheart. She loves hard, stands her ground, and will stay up to tuck her siblings in before she goes to bed herself. She runs our household, likes having her nails painted and tells me every day about how excited she is for school. She’s still a mommys girl and I’ll always have a special spot in my heart for her.
We love you sweet Ella and we are happy we could do this for your 3rdBirthday!
To the moon and back my sweet girl.x0
My kids enjoy when I take photos and videos of them and it’s a good thing because I do it so often for my social media. Things get a bit different when someone they don’t know is doing the photography. Often, they are pretty hesitant to be their happy selves and shy away from the camera as much as possible. Overtime, I’ve found certain things help to get the kids in their best moods before the shoot. Here’s my list of tips to have YOUR family camera ready.
- Do not schedule the shoot during or close to nap time. No one is going to be happy no matter how hard you try if they are sleepy.
- Feed and change your little ones before the shoot.
- Bring along something for the kids to drink and snack on.
- Bring extra diapers/pull-ups and a change of clothes. Accidents happen.
- Pack bubbles!! My kids loves bubbles and it seems to be one thing I can always count on to help bring them out of their shells. I always get some smiles and giggles out of them too.
- Have their favorite songs on YouTube handy! Play their favorite video on your phone or iPad and sing to them while the photographer takes some single shots.
- Let the kids play games. Let them play tag, duck duck goose, or just let them run around! Whatever gets them to smile.
- Arrive early if the photo shoot site is unfamiliar. This will help them get comfortable with their surroundings and it will make for better photos.
- If possible, have the shoot outdoors. Most kids love the beach, the forest, and trails! Let the photographer capture their excitement as they explore. In my opinion, lifestyle photos are the best! 🙂
- And last but not least, don’t stress! Book a short amount of time with your photographer, have fun with it, take as many shots as you can and move on with your day. You can only expect so much when they are so little, and you want this to be a fun experience so that they will do it again. 😉
Hope this helps and good luck with your photo shoots! X0x
Flowers by Springhill Flowers
Girls dresses by Olivia Rose
Bridal Skirt by Enzoani